Today is the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of The Splendid Sampler– WOW! That’s hard to believe! I’m doing a Giveaway to celebrate…. keep reading…
One year ago today, the first block for The Splendid Sampler was released. It was February 14, 2016 that this perfectly themed block was released:
I designed 2 blocks for The Splendid Sampler, a bonus block called Summer Flip Floppin’:
and a block called Little Things:
I showed you how to make a mug rug with this block in this blog post.
Since today is Valentine’s Day, I thought it would be fun to play with making this block into a Valentine’s Day block and mug rug- so cute! Just use pink and red fabrics, and do a simple heart applique instead of the tea cup:
If you make 4 of the blocks (6″ each), you will end up with a 12″ block like this:
The Little Things block will appear in the soon-to-be-released Splendid Sampler book.
***Please note that in a short time, the block patterns will NO LONGER be available for free on The Splendid Sampler website. Get all the details here.
To celebrate this One Year Milestone, there is a blog hop and giveaways! I am giving away a quilt-related mystery novel and a box of fabric remnants! My daughter is between jobs for a couple of weeks, so I’ve had her here cleaning out the fabric stash and studio. I threw a bunch of stuff into a box- these are remnants and strike-off’s from 2 of my fabric lines from a few years ago. (“Strike-offs” are “test” fabrics which come to us from the mill when we are playing with the colors to get them just right.)
This giveaway is now closed. The winner is:
To enter, please follow the rules below:
- -Due to shipping costs, this giveaway is open to US residents only. (Read below for International Giveaway information.)
- -The Splendid Sampler features piecing, paper piecing, embroidery and applique blocks. Please comment below on THIS POST and tell me what is your favorite technique.
- -You must comment by 11:59 pm Eastern (NYC time) on February 21.
- -Make sure your email address is included in your profile or the comment- if I choose your name and I cannot contact you immediately, I WILL CHOOSE ANOTHER WINNER.
- -Winner will be chosen at random.
Click here to find out more about the blog hop and INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAYS!