Here are the fabric requirements for the Cozy Afternoon Block of the Month. Soon, I will be posting some ideas for fabric choices, just like I did last time for the Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM. Also, we WILL have kits available for the quilt shown below, and pre-orders will begin next week (the kits sold out quickly last time! So if you’re interested, please be sure to order yours early.)
These are the fabric requirements for the appliqued version of the quilt (shown above.) If you choose to do the quilt with embroidery instead of applique, or with piecing only (no embroidery/applique), you will have a little fabric left over.
Approximate finished size of quilt is 66″ square.
- White/Cream- 1/4 yard (block centers) (Omit if you would like to do the piecing only version with a FLORAL in the center of the blocks)
- Navy- 2 yards (blocks, sashing, borders and binding)
- Light Blue- 1/3 yard (blocks and applique)
- Dark Pink- 1/3 yard (blocks and applique)
- Yellow- 1/4 yard (blocks and applique)
- Green- 1/3 yard (blocks and applique)
- Light Pink- 1/3 yard (blocks and applique)
- Orange- 1/4 yard (blocks and applique)
- Aqua- 1 yard (applique and setting triangles)
- Floral- 1 7/8 yards (borders and setting squares) (If you are doing the piecing only version with FLORAL in the center of the blocks, add an extra 1/4 yard)
- Backing- 4 yards (41/42” wide)
- Batting- 70” square
Applique version: Supplies for your preferred method of applique (thread, needles, freezer paper, fusible webbing, etc.)
- Embroidery floss- 2 skeins Navy Blue (1 skein = 8.7 yards, such as DMC brand)
- Embroidery supplies such as needles and hoop
Click here for PDF version of fabric requirement and supply list.